We’re in the eighth month of year – thinking of redoing your home? This doesn’t have to be an expensive process – small simple changes can make the world of difference. If you feel your home needs a bigger refresh, like a new dining room table and chairs, flooring or window coverings, it’s important to consider timeless styles that will last!
We have put together a few simple tips that you can incorporate into your home:
- Adding brighter shades such as a vivid red or ultra violet provide a great stylistic counterpart to the interior design in your home. This can be achieved by using scatter cushions, mats or small decorative pieces that you can place around your home.
- Create a statement piece in your home. This can be achieved by adding a printed rug, creating a feature wall of framed pictures or incorporating large plants throughout your home.
- Redo your window treatments. This can be a simple and inexpensive process that can add new life to your space, make a room look larger and control the amount of sun you let into your space.
- When last did you rearrange the furniture in your home? This is an inexpensive way to change up the look in your space. Play around with a few ideas until you find one that works best for you.
- Refurbish the furniture in your home. Repainting an old dressing table or book shelf is a great way to breathe new life into your space. If you prefer the natural wooden look - simply sand and varnish a piece of furniture that you would like to redo. This is an inexpensive way to get great results!
- Bring the outside indoors! Indoor plants are a massive trend and a great way to add pop of green throughout your home.
These simple tips will have your space looking new in next to no time!